Monday, December 6, 2010

safe travels

I celebrated my 'one year in Portland' just the other day, December 1st. It seems to have gone by so fast since I first fell in love with the city. Come spring I was swooning hard, by summer I was obsessed.
I can honestly say it is the very first time I have felt at home. I am so Portland.
 
I have met some of the best people my short time here, made some incredible friends, reconnected with old friends, reached personal goals, and made a life here.
The last year definitely had it's ups and downs, but all in all I can honestly say I have never been happier.

In a matter of hours I leave for Norway, I'll be gone for 3 weeks, feels like forever. It's bizarre to have mixed feelings about Christmas, and going back home. For those of you who know me best, know that in the past it has been the highlight of my entire year. Now, it feels strange to leave Portland, friends, pets, and work behind, even if only for three weeks.


I ended October by doing a guest spot at Scapegoat Tattoo on Halloween, with papa Shaun , I tattooed some great people, made new friends, and met someone special. All in all, it was a great day. I will be tattooing at Scapegoat Sundays and Mondays as of January 2nd, exciting news! It has been my dream to work there since I moved to Portland! Good things are definitely happening :)



With that said I'll share some pictures of my last few months, and I hope you all have a wonderful December!



Tattoos on Kirsten and Brandon. 


Shaun tattooing my hand during Portland Tattoo Expo.


Shaun getting head by Cupcake. Wait, what?!


Happy birthday Kirsten! <3




Farmers market.


@ Powells books <3



 warmest day in November!


...to coldest day in November.



 dog walks, and bike rides.



twinsies <3



first Blazer game!


 current project.


still cute!



Halloween! 


Loves! <3


now.

Happy Holidays! <3


15 comments:

abi porter said...

i always look forward to your posts! the few and far between. i'm moving there in january, we should meet up. i need another tattoo :)

have fun in norway!

Holly said...

I just *love* your short hair. It's perfect on you!
and the red/black mittens look fantastic! You're an amazing knitter.
Good luck with everything! xo

Becky Farley said...

awww so good to hear you're doing awesome! :)
Love that you found home! Cupcake is still as cute as ever!! your photos are all great!! You and your mitten making skills always impresses me!!

Unknown said...

Egads! I Loaf Your Dog! Gooo! Want.

Peace, Love & Puppies,
George
Raised By Wolves

Shewearscrazywell said...

Sweet post...hope you have fun at your home Norway...and you'll be back to your home soon enough...Portland! :) It is possible to feel at home at two places, but only if your really lucky, that is awesome that you have made such a lovely home! :) Happy holidays and safe travels!! Hearts, Janna Lynn

Jacqueline said...

I hope you enjoy your time back home. You deserve to have a wonderful time and I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time back in Portland when that happens as well. :)
Love and Turtledoves,
Jaco

Notes from the Republic said...

Safe travels home, lady!

Mandy said...

Every time you post, I get excited. I love your style, and love seeing little glimpses into your life. Just wanted to say thank you for sharing. :)

Marie-Eve said...

Love your hair.
And those pics are beautiful.

My Bottle's Up! said...

adorab!!!!

allison said...

i stumbled along you blog. i just moved to portland a few months ago, i hope i feel at home here as much as you do a year from now.

ps: your dog is adorable! i have a litte black chihuahua named huey who looks just like yours.

Camilla said...

Sinnsykt herlige bilder! Cupcake e übersøte!!
Såg deg i Stavanger idag, tror eg då?!

God jul :)

Sarah said...

i wish you a merry christmas!!!
have a beautiful day!
xoxo, pink lady ♥

machen und tun said...

sorry i have to ask, but i can´t read the word in that oh-so-great-arm-tattoo: inch by inch the starry (???) worlds?
anyone?
thanks for a translation, i would love to know because it looks soo great!!
happy new year to you,
claudia

Jenna said...

Hi Silje, where are you!? I check your blog every once in awhile and its been SO LONG since you've posted!! Hope you are doing well. And I hope you start blogging again because I love your blog and have been following it for quite awhile now. Take care!