Thursday, July 8, 2010

life as of late.

It's been incredibly hot here in Portland the last few days, somehow it got up in the 100's and I am so not used to this kind of weather anymore.
We left work early yesterday to lay out in the sun, girls, food, beverages. Awesome.




It's been an interesting last 4 weeks, I've been staying at my friend, and boss, Melanies house, and it's definitely a challenge, feeling like you're living out of a box, and not being able to just do as you please. I feel so un-crafty, at least I am knitting. Yeah, I am totally working on a pair of socks in this ridiculous heat. How appropriate.
I'll be getting a house in the beginning of September, with some amazing people, so I'm just crashing till then, and counting down the days. Literally. The pets are going crazy, I am going crazy, but at the end of the day, I shouldn't really complain. It could be worse, a lot worse.

I spent the 4th surrounded by wonderful people, ate good food, watched a pretty incredible hula hoop showdown, and ended the evening by watching fireworks from the burnside bridge.


It turned out to be a pretty epic night. Which is cool, as it was the very first time I celebrated 4th of July. Other than that I have just been hanging out and tattooing. Life is pretty good, and it can only get better. I do apologize for the lack of creativity around here. I promise, once I am back in a house, with all my things unpacked. I will have some cute stuff to show!! <3







Once I can actually locate the charger for my camera, I promise I will have actual pictures to share, not just iphone photos.

Hope you all had a magical 4th! 

<3

9 comments:

cArLa said...

love your short hair! thanks for sharing this post... it's hooot in my neck of the woods too! have a lovely weekend ahead...

Trine said...

its incredible hot here in germany too! its nine in the morning and its already 27°Celsius (about 83°F) in my living room...

xoxo trine

Marguerita Smokcum said...

I think there may be a global heatwave I'm in England, yes I said England and the temps are due to be 31degrees this wkend!! Gooooooo heatwave:)

Drea said...

I Love the hula hoops and all the beautiful ink! :)

Nicole said...

iphone pictures are cute!

susannahbean said...

I'm glad you're back! I was seriously missing your posts. You look awesome with the short hair!

xoxo,
susannahbean

Lisa {A Piece of Lisa} said...

Yeah it's scorching in London too! So need a beach right now... I was wondering what kind of camera you used for the photo of your friends that has rounded corners?

All the best
Lisa

Becky Farley said...

Aww silje, I hope you're good and hope the craziness settles. You and cupcake are precious ;)
Ps all I've been doing is crocheting and I live in FL in the heat. I won't be using the blankets anytime soon :)
And yay for smooching a cute boy!

Shaun said...

boobs!