Monday, January 18, 2010

Inspired and satisfied.

Josh and I just finished watching Long way round, a documentary with Ewan McGregor and his friend, Charley Boorman, who together drove the 20 000 miles from London to New York, on their motorbikes, as the British say.
If you haven't seen this, ( there are 10 episodes all together, the journey was made in 2004, and it aired on TV shortly there after), I highly recommend watching it.
It is so incredibly inspiring!...it also made me wanna travel.

I am however not about to drive 20 000 miles, but I am slowly finding my way around Portland, without getting lost. There is something very satisfying about knowing where you're going. I like it.

I just got back to from the gym, anyone else enjoy working out around midnight? I do love a non crowded gym. I was thinking about doing a lemon cleanse while I was still in KC, but kept putting it off. Now that I am not working, I figured it would be perfect.
I'm only talking 7-9 days or so. Has anyone else done it? Did it make you super weak/grumpy? Did you feel like it was worth it at the end?

I have some little sneak peaks to share, just something fun, and exciting for February.







I also made a few new aprons, up for sale in my Etsy shop.







I love, love, LOVE those fabrics, my mom and I found them at a really fun store in KC.

Well, it is getting really late, I should probably get some sleep.

night night <3



xo

11 comments:

...on the brink of something beautiful said...

love the aprons! i agree with you on late workouts (i hate working out in a crowded gym!!)
i haven't done the lemon cleanse myself, but a friend of mine did. she seemed to like it, minus the laxative part (esp since she was at work for that....ick).
-kel

emily said...

everything is cute as usual! so...when do we get to see pictures of the new house? I am sure it is cute as well!

Rhonda said...

You should also watch Long Way Down. I did and it was excellent. Love the aprons!

allyson joy said...

Ahhhhh!! Yay!!! Love those sneaks!! Love the new aprons soooooo much,, and I adore the cute black dog that had to be a part of the photo shoot!!! So cute :-) I'm so with you on working out in a non crowded gym - way better!!! And cupcake is perfect. I wanna squeeze him!!!! Can't wait for the rest of the surprise for february!!!!
{xoxo}

tara a. said...

a coworker of mine did it... after a few days i don't think she was feeling that great.

Cate said...

Denise (Boho girl) just did the lemon cleanse and blogged about it. Here's a link to her blog if you want to check it out.

http://bohophotography.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Hey! I love your blog!
My husband did the lemon cleanse (the one with the cayenne pepper and maple syrup), and he felt great. He struggled the first two days, but afterward, it was smooth sailing! He said he had loads of energy, too (after the initial two days). He only did it for 6 days, but I think that's enough for the first time. I'm going to try it this spring.

Anonymous said...

I love Charley & Ewan! I read that they are thinking/planning doing one where they go from south america up through canada!
The Long way down has a bunch with Ev, Ewan's wife which is pretty cool.
Love the aprons!

Suzanne said...

I haven't seen Long Way Round yet, but my mister and I have wanted to ever since we got addicted to their tv show Long Way Down - it was so inspiring and definitely gave me the travel bug - just not the non-stop motorcyle-ride bug :) [plus it doesn't hurt that Ewan is in it = love!] I'd love to read their books too.

Suzanne said...

P.S. Portland is one of my dream destinations that I hope to visit this year on a little road trip my hubby and I are planning!

Sweet Escape said...

eeeeekkkk!!!!!,,,those sneaky peakys look awesome!!!,,can't wait for the rest!!! your doggie is so precious,,i love that he loves knitted sweaters...so adorable!!!!